[fa.info-vax] Network partner exited

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (01/10/85)

From: GKN%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.ARPA

Frequently this message means that the connection timed out before the
server process on the remote node had a chance to be created and get
going.  The period of time that NETACP waits for a connect confirm
message can be changed with NCP.  The parameters you want to change
are:

        OUTGOING TIMER          - Period of time (in seconds) to wait on
                                  outgoing connects
        INCOMING TIMER          - Period of time (in seconds) to wait on
                                  incomming connects

Some of the VAXen on our network are terribly overloaded and connects
into them were taking upwards of 2 minutes sometimes.  So I have changed
the two timers on our system to 60 seconds.

The NCP commands to change these timers are:

[volitile database]

        NCP> SET EXECUTOR OUTGOING TIMER nnn
        NCP> SET EXECUTOR INCOMING TIMER nnn

[permanent database]