[comp.dsp] Active Sound Cancellation Tutorial

malcolm@Apple.COM (Malcolm Slaney) (07/06/90)

I recently received an accouncement of a tutorial on "Active Control of
Sound and Vibration" to be presented at the Fall 1990 meeting of the
Acoustical Society of America.  Since a number of people were asking in
this newsgroup about active sound cancellation I thought this might be
of interest.

The lecture will be given by Prof. Chris R. Fuller of Virginia Polytechnic
Institute and promises to talk about the use of DSP technology, feedforward
and feedback control and some applications.  Lecture notes will be provided.

The tutorial will be Monday evening, 26 November at 7PM.  The fee is $10
if you are registered for the conference.  Call the Acoustical Society at
(516) 349-7800 for more information.

Cheers.

								Malcolm
P.S.  If you go be sure to check out the special session on "Auditory
representation of speech."  It's sure to be a good one :-).

sandell@ils.nwu.edu (Greg Sandell) (07/06/90)

In article <42687@apple.Apple.COM>, malcolm@Apple.COM (Malcolm Slaney) writes:
> I recently received an accouncement of a tutorial on "Active Control of
> Sound and Vibration" to be presented at the Fall 1990 meeting of the
> Acoustical Society of America.
>
> The tutorial will be Monday evening, 26 November at 7PM.  The fee is $10
> if you are registered for the conference.  Call the Acoustical Society at
> (516) 349-7800 for more information.

But where oh where is the meeting being held this Fall?

* Greg Sandell (sandell@ils.nwu.edu)              Evanston, IL *
* Institute for the Learning Sciences, Northwestern University *

:-)

murphy@newton.physics.purdue.edu (William J. Murphy) (07/06/90)

In article <1079@anaxagoras.ils.nwu.edu> sandell@ils.nwu.edu (Greg Sandell) writes:
>In article <42687@apple.Apple.COM>, malcolm@Apple.COM (Malcolm Slaney) writes:
>> I recently received an accouncement of a tutorial on "Active Control of
>> Sound and Vibration" to be presented at the Fall 1990 meeting of the
>> Acoustical Society of America.
>> The tutorial will be Monday evening, 26 November at 7PM.  The fee is $10
>> if you are registered for the conference.  Call the Acoustical Society at
>> (516) 349-7800 for more information.
>
>But where oh where is the meeting being held this Fall?

It wil be held in San Diego this year. Something like Nov.26-29.  I don't
have details in front of me.  Check out one of the supplements to the
Journal of the Acoustical Society of America.  Usually they have the
details towards the front of the supplement concerning the upcoming
meetings.

Hope this helps,

BTW, Malcom, No fair plugging your video. 8^)  It's cool though you really
should see it if you have the chance.

--
Bill Murphy                                  | Is this a holdup? ...
murphy@newton.physics.purdue.edu             | No, it's a science experiment.