[comp.dsp] ADSP 2101

jthornto@fs0.ee.ubc.ca (THORNTON JOHAN A) (06/09/90)

Does anyone know where to get the Analog Devices ADSP2105 in single quantities?

The distributor here in Vancouver can't get them yet, and Analog Devices can
send one for US$100.  (They're supposed to list for US$55)

Thanks in advance.

jbm@celebr.uucp (John B. Milton) (06/11/90)

In article <1271@fs1.ee.ubc.ca> jthornto@fs0.ee.ubc.ca (THORNTON JOHAN A) writes:

>Does anyone know where to get the Analog Devices ADSP2105 in single quantities?
>
>The distributor here in Vancouver can't get them yet, and Analog Devices can
>send one for US$100.  (They're supposed to list for US$55)

You can't get the ADSP2105 yet, it won't be released until July. You CAN get
the ADSP2101, which will list for $55 in quantity. The 2101 is a superset of
the 2105, so it can be used for design purposes. The 2105 will cost $9.90 in
1 to 10000 quantity. The 2101 has twice the on-chip memory and two instead of
one serial ports.

John
--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm@uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm@osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
(614) h:252-8544, w:469-1990; N8KSN, AMPR: 44.70.0.52; Don't FLAME, inform!

jthornto@fs1.ee.ubc.ca (THORNTON JOHAN A) (07/13/90)

I just got the specs for Analog Devices' ADSP2101, -05, and -11.

Anyone starting a DSP project with board size or cost limiting factors
should look into these buggers.

The ADSP2111 interfaces to a host through eight words of dual ported RAM
that appears to be a normal peripheral.  It can also boot through it.

Contact

Analog Devices
One Technology Way
P.O. Box 9106
Norwood, MA
02062-9106
(617) 461-3881

        _|  ___|    E l e c t r i c a l      |  Johan Thornton, Esq.
       | |_____|      C o l u m b i a        |   This space for rent

chan@dg.dg.com (Allen Chan) (07/13/90)

would you briefly describe these "buggers".
i am still searching for a chip(s) to build a
floating point monster.  suggestions anybody?

disclaimer: "i speak and build for myself only."