[comp.dsp] PD Filter Generator

schriste@uceng.UC.EDU (Steven V. Christensen) (10/04/90)

Hi,
	I'm looking for a PD program which I can use to generate
coefficients for digital signal processing low-, band-, and high-pass
filters. Can someone help me?

		Steven

--
Steven V. Christensen
U.C. College of Eng.

stambaug@hpspkla.spk.hp.com (Mark A. Stambaugh) (10/06/90)

>	I'm looking for a PD program which I can use to generate
> coefficients for digital signal processing low-, band-, and high-pass
> filters. Can someone help me?

"Digital Filter Design" by T.W. Parks and C.S. Burrus has numerous FORTRAN
programs that can generate filter coefficients for just about all of the
standard filter types.   My copy of the book is in manuscript notes form,
so I'm not sure if the published book describes how to get an electronic
copy of the programs.   If not, happy typing!

Mark Stambaugh
stambaug@hpspkla.spk.hp.com

ray@ole.UUCP (Ray Berry) (10/06/90)

schriste@uceng.UC.EDU (Steven V. Christensen) writes:

>	I'm looking for a PD program which I can use to generate
>coefficients for digital signal processing low-, band-, and high-pass
>filters. Can someone help me?

	Go to the local computer technoid bookstore and locate a book en-
titled "PC-DSP" by Oktay Alkin (ISBN 0-13-654450-9, Prentice Hall paperback,
1990 publication date).  In it there is a 3 1/2" pc disk with a DSP program
that has to be the bargain of the century.  For $22.50 it will design filters
all day long.  And do *lots* of other interesting things.  Not PD but believe
me the price is great for what you get.  The text, at 170 pages, makes no
attempt to teach you DSP- it just instructs on how to operate the program.
In these days of rip-off $25-$30 paperbacks where they *then* want you to
shell out another $25 for a lousy diskette, this book is refreshing.

--
Ray Berry  kb7ht  uucp: ...ole!ray CIS: 73407,3152 /* "inquire within" */