[comp.dsp] shareware 56001 assembler

rogerc@thebox.UUCP (Roger Conley) (11/05/90)

I have written an assembler for the Motorola 56001. If anyone would like
to try it out respond via E-Mail.

p554mve@mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de (Michael van Elst) (11/08/90)

In article <4@thebox.UUCP> rogerc@thebox.UUCP (Roger Conley) writes:
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^
Could someone please tell me the machine's path or domain ?

>I have written an assembler for the Motorola 56001. If anyone would like
>to try it out respond via E-Mail.
I'm interested in such a thing. We've got the development kit from Motorola
but would like to move to another non-MSDOS machine for software development.
Can your assembler be ported easily, what proramming language would you need ?

Thanx in advance,
--
Michael van Elst
UUCP:     universe!local-cluster!milky-way!sol!earth!uunet!unido!mpirbn!p554mve

eric@hpmtlx.HP.COM ($Eric_Waldheim) (11/09/90)

/ hpmtlx:comp.dsp / rogerc@thebox.UUCP (Roger Conley) /  1:38 am  Nov  5, 1990 /

> I have written an assembler for the Motorola 56001. If anyone would like
> to try it out respond via E-Mail.
> ----------

I would like to try out the assembler but am unable to mail to your address
so I'll respond here instead.
I'd also like more information on the assembler:
Do you have a linker and librarian as well?
What kind of support will there be for the assembler?
Is source available?

Thanks a lot.
Eric Waldheim.

rogerc@thebox.UUCP (Roger Conley) (11/11/90)

Here is more information on the shareware 56001 assembler news I posted
on comp.dsp. I am having problems with my email so I can't respond to
most of the respones to my news feed, although I did receive most of the
email sent to me.

I am planning on posting the assembler to Todd Day's 56001 archive. I am
posting only the binary. For those who want the source you can contact
me directly. Currently the assembler is running on ms-dos and is written
in C and can be easily ported to other platforms. I will post other
ports to Todd Day's archive.

The assembler is currently in beta phase and I am running as much code
through it as possible. Code can be emailed to me. I would like to test
it as much as I can before I post it.

My home phone and address is: Roger Conley
			      (503)245-3737
			      8623 SW 30th #211
			      Portland, Ore 97219