[comp.dsp] Dr. BuB login instructions

johnf@oakhill.sps.mot.com (John Fisher) (03/06/91)

Someone recently requested information on how to log onto Motorola's
DSP bulletin board, Dr. BuB.  Here are the instructions:

1. Dial
	(512) 891-DSP1 (891-3771) to access Bell 212A modems,
  	(512) 891-DSP2 (891-3772) to access V.22 modems, or
  	(512) 891-DSP3 (891-3773) for 2400 baud modems.
   Set the character format to 7 data, even parity, 1 stop bit.

2. After the connection has been established, respond to the prompt
   "Dr. BuB login:" with the word "guest" (lowercase required) followed
   by a carriage return.  No password is necessary; if the prompt
   "password" appears, simply hit carriage return.

3. Finally, identify your terminal type.  Terminal type is "dumb" if you
   have no terminal emulation software.  Otherwise select the terminal type
   from the list of over 100 terminals that are available.

By the way, new audio code has recently been posted including the digital
graphic equalizer code that was previously published in Motorola's application
report APR2, "Digital Stereo 10-Band Graphic Equalizer Using the DSP56001."

bointon@kcl-cs.UUCP (Marcus "Bru" Bointon) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar5.202419.20433@oakhill.sps.mot.com> johnf@oakhill.sps.mot.com (John Fisher) writes:
>By the way, new audio code has recently been posted including the digital
>graphic equalizer code that was previously published in Motorola's application
>report APR2, "Digital Stereo 10-Band Graphic Equalizer Using the DSP56001."

  I don't have access to this- could someone please Email the source for this to me please? (If it's not too big!)

	Thanks in advance,

				Marcus Bointon.

hptasins@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Henry Ptasinski) (03/09/91)

Is there any way to get Motorola DSP info via FTP?

Also, are there com.dsp archives anywhere?

Thanks,