[comp.dsp] pitch following

tomh.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (Tom Holroyd) (03/16/91)

Pitch following source will be available as soon as
somebody figures out how pitch (a percept) is related to
frequency!

adrianho@barkley.berkeley.edu (Adrian J Ho) (03/16/91)

In article <sc8uy2w163w@shark.cs.fau.edu> tomh.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (Tom Holroyd) writes:

>Pitch following source will be available as soon as
>somebody figures out how pitch (a percept) is related to
>frequency!

Indeed.  The original poster should clarify his needs.

If s/he really meant *pitch*-following, I came across a reference that
s/he might be interested in.  It was published in Computer Music
Journal (Fall 1989) and gives a good overview on the two pitch
perception theories and a neural network model.  It's titled, not
surprisingly:

	"A Neural Network Model for Pitch Perception"
	Hajime Sano and B. Keith Jenkins
	Computer Music Journal v.13 n.3 (Fall 1989) pp.41-48

I'm currently working on a project along the same lines.  If anything
comes out of it, I'll post.

Adrian Ho, EECS (pronounced "eeks!") Dept.		Phone: (415) 642-5563
UC Berkeley					adrianho@barkley.berkeley.edu
Domain: sesame-street (telly,bigbird,snuffy,oscar,kermit,bert,grover,barkley)
Favorite expression: "There's no business like monkey business."