[comp.dsp] DSP32C COFF routines or loaders

hogg@amos.trl.oz.au (Stephanie Hogg) (03/19/91)

	I hope this the right group to be posting to.  I need some help on
creating a loader to load programs for a DSP32C over a standard vme bus
from a Motorola MVME147 card running vxWorks.  What I'm interested are
finding any routines for extracting useful information from the COFF
files produced by the AT&T compiler andor assembler.  In particular,
things like:

	the number of sections;
	the position in the file of each section;
	the size of each section;
	the absolute address in the target memory;
        or placing a section in a buffer (in binary form).

I would routines be able to run on an operating system like VxWorks, or
would a source version be available which could be adapted to run on
VxWorks. Any help would be appreciated.

Stephanie Hogg
Telecom Research Labs
email: s.hogg@trl.oz.au

hanke@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch (Norbert Hanke) (03/19/91)

In article <2836@trlluna.trl.oz> hogg@amos.trl.oz.au (Stephanie Hogg) writes:

>from a Motorola MVME147 card running vxWorks.  What I'm interested are
>finding any routines for extracting useful information from the COFF
>files produced by the AT&T compiler andor assembler.  In particular,
>things like:

A good description of the COFF file format can be found in the Texas
Instruments' manual of the TMS320C25 cross-assembler for the PC.

Sample source code in C to interpret COFF files was included with a Burr Brown
DSP32 board we bought several years ago. I assume that they're still shipping
the newer boards with similar examples.

Maybe this helps...

Norbert Hanke
Chair of Power Electronics