[comp.dsp] FORTH DSP Users

cwpjr@cbnewse.att.com (clyde.w.jr.phillips) (03/25/91)

Just a query to see if anyone on this net is using the Interactive
FORTH's available on these DSP's?

Clyde

lowry@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Dave Lowry) (03/26/91)

In article <1991Mar25.153836.17926@cbnewse.att.com> cwpjr@cbnewse.att.com (clyde.w.jr.phillips) writes:
>Just a query to see if anyone on this net is using the Interactive
>FORTH's available on these DSP's?
>
>Clyde

I've ported Ting's eForth to the 320C30.  I'm not aware of any commercially
avialable Forths for any DSP.

cwpjr@cbnewse.att.com (clyde.w.jr.phillips) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar25.160315.13119@src.honeywell.com>, lowry@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Dave Lowry) writes:
> In article <1991Mar25.153836.17926@cbnewse.att.com> cwpjr@cbnewse.att.com (clyde.w.jr.phillips) writes:
> >Just a query to see if anyone on this net is using the Interactive
> >FORTH's available on these DSP's?
> >
> >Clyde
>
> I've ported Ting's eForth to the 320C30.  I'm not aware of any commercially
> avialable Forths for any DSP.

There is a commercial FORTH for transputers and for the AT&T DSP32 & 16.

The AT&T DSP32 FORTH is from Micro K Systems (303) 693-3413

It's pretty complete with bundled & integrated MATH & DSP C libraries,
which are the standard AT&T libraries.

I beleive their product is one of the highest performance/price
systems out because the FORTH is a tenth the C Compiler price and
the AT&T chips only trail TI in price ( small dif ) and match or
beat performance per mhz.

Can you make any comment regarding your port and use/suitability of FORTH
for DSP rapid prototyping/product developement?

Clyde