[comp.dsp] VME dsp boards

root@fuzzy (Dr. Michael M. Cohen) (04/09/91)

Looking for information for DSP subsystem boards
(preferably with D-A and A-D) for SGI-4D/310-VGX
vme bus machine. Any pointers?

TIA

alan@george.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Alan S. Mazer) (04/09/91)

In article <14250@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, root@fuzzy (Dr. Michael M. Cohen) writes:
> Looking for information for DSP subsystem boards
> (preferably with D-A and A-D) for SGI-4D/310-VGX
> vme bus machine. Any pointers?

I'm not sure about the converters, but I can otherwise recommend the Valley
Enterprises DSP32C-based boards.  We've been using them for almost a year now.
Their phone number is 717-494-0250.  I have no association with them other
than as a satisfied customer.

Obligatory Disclaimer:  This does not constitute an endorsement by JPL,
			Caltech, or NASA.  The last thing I need is a lawyer
			breathing down my neck....
--

-- Alan			       # My aptitude test in high school suggested that
   ..!ames!elroy!alan	       # I should become a forest ranger.  Take my

yuena@Software.Mitel.COM (Avent Yuen) (04/16/91)

In article <14250@darkstar.ucsc.edu> mmcohen@fuzzy (Dr. Michael M. Cohen) writes:
>Looking for information for DSP subsystem boards
>(preferably with D-A and A-D) for SGI-4D/310-VGX
>vme bus machine. Any pointers?
>
>TIA

     There is a small company in eastern Ottawa specializing in DSP VME card.
Sorry, I could not remember the name, I can dig it out if you are serious.

There is another company called DY-4 Systems Inc. in wester Ottawa building
a lot of VME products.  When I was there, it seems that there was a card
for DSP, also I am not sure.  You could call them at (613)596-9911.

Avent.

low@melair.UUCP (Rick Low) (04/18/91)

yuena@Software.Mitel.COM (Avent Yuen) writes:

[stuff deleted]

>     There is a small company in eastern Ottawa specializing in DSP VME card.
>Sorry, I could not remember the name, I can dig it out if you are serious.

You're probably talking about Interactive Circuits and Systems, 5430 Canotek
Road, Gloucester, Ontario, +1 613 749 9241.  Last time I looked, they seemed
to make stuff for relatively high data rates -- targeted at radar, sonar
beamforming, electronic warfare, etc.  Lots of high speed A/D, digital
filter, D/A type boards.

I've never used their stuff; my only connection with them is that they
once offered me a job.  (I turned it down, but that's another story.)

--
Rick Low
+1 613 957 9500