[comp.dsp] dsp board for the pc

bryan@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Dale Bryan) (05/01/91)

i am looking for a good dsp board using the tms320c30
for the pc environment.  also, does anyone know of a
comprehensive software development package for the c30
that is user friendly.

dale bryan
email: bryan@marlin.nosc.mil

billri@redwood.sos.ivy.isc.com (Bill Rizzi) (05/03/91)

In article <1754@marlin.NOSC.MIL>, bryan@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Dale Bryan) writes:
|> i am looking for a good dsp board using the tms320c30
|> for the pc environment.  also, does anyone know of a
|> comprehensive software development package for the c30
|> that is user friendly.
|>
|> dale bryan
|> email: bryan@marlin.nosc.mil

	There are a number of decent 'C30 boards.  The following is
only a partial list:

	DSP Research (Northern CA)
	Loughborough Sound Images (England)
	Sonitech (Mass)
	Texas Instruments (the XDS-1000 development board)

	All of these boards come with the TI C compiler and SPOX, a real-time
operating system and C language application development environment (Hi Mark!).
The SPOX package is both comprehensive and user friendly.  It comes from
Spectron Microsystems in Santa Barbara, CA.  It is also available for other
DSP architectures.  Send me email for more detailed information.

	Bill

--
Bill Rizzi		INTERACTIVE Systems Corporation
billri@ivy.isc.com	26635 W. Agoura Rd, Suite 200

pateros@ecse.rpi.edu (Chuck Pateros) (05/03/91)

In article <1991May02.211726.15674@ism.isc.com> billri@ivy.isc.com writes:
>	There are a number of decent 'C30 boards.  The following is
>only a partial list:
>
>	DSP Research (Northern CA)
>	Loughborough Sound Images (England)
>	Sonitech (Mass)
>	Texas Instruments (the XDS-1000 development board)

	I seem to remember TI discussing a small 'C30 board for the PC that
	was going to be out this year.  The price was going to be only about
	$1000.  It's not the XDS.

	Anybody know anything about this?  Am I just remembering a dream?

	Chuck
	pateros@ecse.rri.edu

harrison@sunwhere.DAB.GE.COM (Gregory Harrison) (05/06/91)

In article <2a3gvql@rpi.edu> pateros@ecse.rpi.edu (Chuck Pateros) writes:
>In article <1991May02.211726.15674@ism.isc.com> billri@ivy.isc.com writes:
>>	There are a number of decent 'C30 boards.  The following is
>	I seem to remember TI discussing a small 'C30 board for the PC that
>	was going to be out this year.  The price was going to be only about
>	$1000.  It's not the XDS.
>	Chuck
This is the TI Evaluation Module, the EVM.  It looks like a nice
optimized 'C30 design.  It has a 'C30, 16K words of zero-wait state
SRAM, voice quality input using a TLC32044 Analog Interface Circuit,
RCA jacks for line-level analog I/O, serial port, and fits on an
8-bit PC interface, which uses the 'C30 DMA capabilities.

Greg