[comp.dsp] convolution

mike@ai.mew.mei.co.jp (R. Michael Taylor) (05/17/91)

Say, does anyone out there have working convolution code?  I need to be
able to convolve any two arbitrary fixed-length signals.

thanks

--
<=============================================>
R. Michael Taylor, Virtual Reality Researcher

mcmahan@netcom.COM (Dave Mc Mahan) (05/18/91)

 In a previous article, mike@ai.mew.mei.co.jp (R. Michael Taylor) writes:

>Say, does anyone out there have working convolution code?  I need to be
>able to convolve any two arbitrary fixed-length signals.

I have written this about eight different times, but each is sort of special
purpose to fit a particular need.  The code isn't hard to do, but what are
your particulars?  What language, what are you trying to do, what kind of
optimizations do you have, do both data sets (and the resulting output) fit
into available memory at once, etc.  I write all my stuff in 'C', by the way.
Is this the langauge you want?  A general purpose routine is usually too slow
for the kind of filtering I want to do (realtime, embedded micro stuff) and
I need to optimize it for each application.  What is your application?

>R. Michael Taylor, Virtual Reality Researcher
>mike@ai.mew.mei.co.jp

  -dave

--
Dave McMahan                            mcmahan@netcom.com