[nz.general] Interactive UNIX bsd libraries

paul@actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) (04/07/91)

Could anyone who has ISC's 2.2.1 UNIX please tell me if they also
have received the BSD networking library with the development
system, or does it only come with the networking release?

All I want to do is compile NNTP.  We bought the upgrade for 2.2.1
for the Run-time system only, although we still have the development
system for 2.02.  We are now using GCC mostly, so didn't think we
needed to buy the 2.2.1 upgrade -- but now we've been bitten.

What's the easiest way of getting this library (and related include
files and headers) so we can compile NNTP?
--
Paul Gillingwater, paul@actrix.gen.nz

duncan@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Duncan McEwan) (04/08/91)

In article <1991Apr07.015140.19068@actrix.gen.nz>
	paul@actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
>What's the easiest way of getting this library (and related include
>files and headers) so we can compile NNTP?

Since the BSD networking code is freely available (having been
certified AT&T code free) you could always try porting it yourself!
If the ISC kernel already comes with the kernel hooks for IP
networking all you need is the library interfaces which should be
doable.

Duncan

clear@cavebbs.gen.nz (Charlie Lear) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr07.015140.19068@actrix.gen.nz> paul@actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
>All I want to do is compile NNTP.

WE'RE BUSY MEN.

>We are now using GCC mostly, so didn't think we
>needed to buy the 2.2.1 upgrade -- but now we've been bitten.

SILLY BOY!

>What's the easiest way of getting this library (and related include
>files and headers) so we can compile NNTP?

Pirating them. 8-)
Charlie "The Bear" Lear | clear@cavebbs.gen.nz | Kawasaki Z750GT  DoD#0221
The Cave MegaBBS  +64 4 642260  V32 | PO Box 2009, Wellington, New Zealand