[uci.next] Dead NeXTstation

mwu@teri.bio.uci.edu (Matt Wu) (04/24/91)

Agggh. (or should that be arggh? I'm never really sure ....) My NeXTstation
died once again. Just three weeks before it died, I had the motherboard
replaced (FPU error) and now it won't even power on. Hopefully it'll be fixed
soon, but this second unfortunate occurrence made me wonder if anyone else
has been having hardware problems with NeXTen.

So, have any others had to get their machines serviced?

Matt
mwu@teri.bio.uci.edu

tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd Green) (04/25/91)

In article <2815B503.19334@orion.oac.uci.edu> mwu@teri.bio.uci.edu (Matt Wu) writes:

>Agggh. (or should that be arggh? I'm never really sure ....) My NeXTstation

Personally I like Argh, but that's just me.

>soon, but this second unfortunate occurrence made me wonder if anyone else
>has been having hardware problems with NeXTen.

We've lost several OD's on our NeXT's.  Actually my OD hasn't failed
so that makes it that we've lost 3 or 4.  We've not had a problem yet
with our 20 or so NeXTSTATIONen (heh! And I thought VAXen was kinda
weird) in our public cluster. Other than that (oh yeah my monitor
likes to fuzz out, but I just fine tune it.  It seems to gradually go
out over a period of about a month before it starts to drive me nuts),
we've not had any problems.  And if you can make heads or tails of all
the ()'s your a better reader than me ;).

Todd

--
Internet: tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
NeXTMail: tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu