[comp.unix.aix] tune PS/2 AIX

pete@romed.UUCP (Pete Rourke) (11/30/89)

Can someone direct me to methods to tune/configure a PS/2 AIX system?

Where are maximum file buffers, maximum user procs, etc?

I have not had luck finding tools to modify the kernel as on other
UNIX/XENIX systems.

Thanks in advance

--
Pete Rourke                                                ..texbell!romed!pete
MicroAge Technical Marketing Group                   ..sun!sunburn!mcsitsg!pete

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (12/02/89)

In article <524@romed.UUCP> pete@romed.UUCP (Pete Rourke) writes:
>Can someone direct me to methods to tune/configure a PS/2 AIX system?
>Where are maximum file buffers, maximum user procs, etc?

Maybe Oleg can say fer sure, but these parameters are mentioned in
/etc/master and should be able to be modified by placing new stanzas
in /etc/system.  I'd look in the Tech Ref vols. 1 and 2.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer

oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) (12/04/89)

In article <767@ursa-major.SPDCC.COM> dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
>>Can someone direct me to methods to tune/configure a PS/2 AIX system?
>>Where are maximum file buffers, maximum user procs, etc?
>Maybe Oleg can say fer sure, but these parameters are mentioned in
>/etc/master and should be able to be modified by placing new stanzas
>in /etc/system.  I'd look in the Tech Ref vols. 1 and 2.

Oleg does not do system tuning/configuration.  Oleg does TCP/IP internals and
utilities, UUCP, some odd pieces of kernel work and has made an honest effort
to forget everything about the installation software, especially for 370.

When Oleg needs to tune the system, he uses the standard AIX tools and the
Tech Ref manual that is titled something like "installing and tuning AIX".
--
			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg@seas.ucla.edu, oleg@gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP: [world]!{ucla-se|gryphon}!lcc!oleg