[comp.unix.aix] AIX's TCF

kenchew@cs.utexas.edu (Khien Mien Kennedy Chew) (02/06/90)

	Does anyone have any experience with AIX's TCF (Transparent
Computing Facility)?  Could anyone point me to papers written about
it?
	Any documentation on the above would be appreciated.

	Cheerio
	Kennedy Chew

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (02/07/90)

In article <112@renoir.cs.utexas.edu> kenchew@cs.utexas.edu (Khien Mien Kennedy Chew) writes:
>	Does anyone have any experience with AIX's TCF (Transparent
>Computing Facility)?  Could anyone point me to papers written about it?

Popek and Walker's "The LOCUS Distributed Operating System" (I might have
mangled the title a bit) from MIT Press is a good exposition of the ideas
behind TCF and describes a somewhat earlier version of the Locus system.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer

zack@greenber.austin.ibm.com (Dave Zack) (02/07/90)

In article <112@renoir.cs.utexas.edu> kenchew@cs.utexas.edu (Khien Mien Kennedy Chew) writes:

>	Does anyone have any experience with AIX's TCF (Transparent
>Computing Facility)?  Could anyone point me to papers written about
>it?
>	Any documentation on the above would be appreciated.
>
>	Cheerio
>	Kennedy Chew

I have a copy of "The LOCUS Distributed System Architecture" by
Popek and Walker. This book gives an overview of TCF. Give me
a call if you would like to borrow it...

regards,
Dave Zack    Consultant/Locus Computing Corp.
             Austin, Tx. (512) 823-4721