[comp.unix.aix] ninny-disks

35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/15/90)

I am using AIX on RT's at work, and want to create separate minidisks for
each of the directories I use in order to increase disk efficiency.  The
only problem is that as soon as I reach the 18th minidisk, I can no longer
mount it.  Does anyone know if this has been fixed?  I am running without
any corrective services, as they do not want to load either under updatep
or installp

--
Kevin-john Conway
...a librarian from hell...

University of Western Ontario
London Canada
"...deviants from the norm..."

"My ideas may be silly, but I'm not.  I'm positively skewed!"

35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca
conway@uwovax.bitnet
kjc@uwovax.bitnet

garnett@a.cs.okstate.edu (John Garnett) (02/17/90)

In article <4999.25da6cf2@uwovax.uwo.ca> 35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>only problem is that as soon as I reach the 18th minidisk, I can no longer
>mount it.  Does anyone know if this has been fixed?

This limit of 18 mountable minidisks may be lifted by increasing a kernel
parameter in /etc/master.  I belive the name of the parameter is
"mounttab".

--
John Garnett                           Computing and Information Sciences
                                       Oklahoma State University