[comp.unix.aix] Mouse under Dos Merge 1.1

wlr@beach.cis.ufl.edu (William Ricker) (07/29/90)

	Summary says it all. There seems to be nothing in the Dos Merge
	manual about attaching the mouse. Any clues?

	Thanks
	Bill
--
wlr@fosters.ee.ufl.edu

--
Bill Ricker                                wlr@vlsi2.ee.ufl.edu
141 Turkey Creek                          wlr@beach.cis.ufl.edu

peter@CUNIXF.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Peter Wu) (07/30/90)

In article <23992@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> you write:

>	Summary says it all. There seems to be nothing in the Dos Merge
>	manual about attaching the mouse. Any clues?

As far as I remember ... they didn't change Dos Merge too much if at
all in 1.2 you just plug in the mouse and use it in any program that
needs it.  Of course you may have to load the microsoft mouse.com for
some programs.  I've used the mouse on several programs including cad
programs and mapping programs, and they work fine.

>	Thanks
>	Bill

Pedro Quien?

querubin@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Antonio Querubin) (07/31/90)

In article <9007291717.AA08906@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> peter@CUNIXF.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Peter Wu) writes:
>In article <23992@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> you write:
>>
>>	Summary says it all. There seems to be nothing in the Dos Merge
>>	manual about attaching the mouse. Any clues?

In your /autoexec.bat file you need to put in a line that runs mouse.com.
Suppose mouse.com is in /usr/dbin and /usr/dbin is part of your DOS path, then
all you need is:
mouse
Shouldn't be any different than what you have running when DOS is booted.
If however your users have tailored their own autoexec.bat file, then that
might be your problem source.

Antonio Querubin, Jr.
querubin@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
querubin@uhccux (BITNET)