[fa.info-vax] A new newsgroup net.rtingres

manatt@lll-crg.ARPA (Doug Manatt) (02/26/85)

[..one for the bug..]

I would like to propose the formation of a new newsgroup net.rtingres to
be used for the discussion of experiences and problems with the ingres database
system sold by Relational Technology Inc.  I will look for comments in
net.news.group.  If the response is favorable perhaps someone out there more
powerful than I could create it for us.
				Douglas Manatt
				Lawrence Livermore Lab
				(415) 422-7257

jsc@ucbvax.ARPA (James Carrington) (02/27/85)

> I would like to propose the formation of a new newsgroup net.rtingres to
> be used for the discussion of experiences and problems with the ingres database
> system sold by Relational Technology Inc.

I think perhaps a mailing list would work better for this sort of thing.
not *that* many people are likely to be using rtingres, so I doubt a whole
newsgroup is justified. But a mailing list might make a good deal of sense.
--
					James Steven Carrington
					The INGRES Project