[comp.unix.aix] AIX 1.2 1005 with DOS Merge--error msg when switching screens

dyer@arktouros.mit.edu (Steve Dyer) (08/28/90)

After applying the 1005 patches, typing "open dos" and switching
between HFT screens causes the kernel error message

	Warning Switch list Corruption

to be printed on the console.  Switching between HFTs without
running DOS doesn't cause this problem to occur.  Has anyone
else seen this?  Can people at Locus comment on the problem?
Can it be ignored?

---
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka ...!{harvard,linus,ima,m2c,rayssd}!spdcc!dyer
dyer@arktouros.mit.edu, dyer@hstbme.mit.edu

ben@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Ben Fried) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug28.163807.20712@athena.mit.edu> Steve Dyer writes:

  > After applying the 1005 patches, typing "open dos" and switching
  > between HFT screens causes the kernel error message
  >
  > 	Warning Switch list Corruption
  >
  > to be printed on the console.  Switching between HFTs without
  > running DOS doesn't cause this problem to occur.  Has anyone
  > else seen this?  Can people at Locus comment on the problem?
  > Can it be ignored?

We had the same problem with this update; after phoning it in to IBM,
the response we got back was to use the key sequence to turn off console
messages (left ctrl,left alt, right-shift, then hit 2, then return), and
that there's going to be a major set of fixes shipped "around the end of
August" (we got 1005 several weeks ago) that would fix this.

Turning off console messages turns off _all_ console messages, though,
which is not necessarily a good thing - it seems like a primitive
workaround.

I'm really looking forward to the next 19-disk update :-(.

--
Benjamin Fried
ben@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu				rutgers!columbia!ben