[comp.unix.aix] Compiler error, but I know my IBM rep

skidrow@ceres.ucsc.edu (Gary M. Lin) (09/01/90)

	Trying to port xtankwar (ok, so I have nothing to do), cc does this:

	cc -g -O -c interface.c
    1500-004: (U) INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR while compiling main_interface. Compilation ended. Contact your I.B.M. Service representative and provide the following information: GRARNN: r291 is used before it is defined.
    1506-163: (S) Error recovery not possible. Compilation ended.
xlc: 1501-230 Internal compiler error; please contact your IBM representative
1254-004  The error code from the last failed command is 40.

	Anyone else suffer this?  Does that mean IBM's gonna patch my cc
	or will they just have me "work around it"?  No, I don't know
	how to contact my IBM service rep.

						- Gary M. Lin
						RS/6000-320 (7012 26-02395)
	-------
	(SC)3, Computer Engineering	INTERNET: skidrow@ceres.ucsc.edu
	Univ. of California, Santa Cruz	UUCP: !ucbvax!ucscc!ceres!skidrow

frank@gremlin.austin.ibm.com (Frank Feuerbacher) (09/07/90)

> From: skidrow@ceres.ucsc.edu (Gary M. Lin)
> Subject: Compiler error, but I know my IBM rep
> Date: 31 Aug 90 22:04:52 GMT
>
>       cc -g -O -c interface.c
>     1500-004: (U) INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR while compiling
main_interface. Compilation ended. Contact your I.B.M. Service
representative and provide the following information: GRARNN: r291 is
used before it is defined.
>     1506-163: (S) Error recovery not possible. Compilation ended.
> xlc: 1501-230 Internal compiler error; please contact your IBM representative
>
>       Anyone else suffer this?  Does that mean IBM's gonna patch my cc
>       or will they just have me "work around it"?  No, I don't know
>       how to contact my IBM service rep.

You need to find the person responsible for this machine, they should
have the names, phone numbers, customer ids, etc. necessary for calling the
problem in and getting it fixed.  Problems get fixed only if they are reported
(and hopefully, with a test case).  My understanding is that the machines
come with a software warranty.

As a work around, have you tried compiling with optimization turned off (leave
off the -O flag)?

I hope this helps

Frank
Disclaimer stuff: I don't speak for my employer, and they don't speak for me.