[comp.unix.aix] #pragma alloca

jsalter@slo.awdpa.ibm.com (09/04/90)

In article <1990Sep03.085938.27993@comp.vuw.ac.nz> Andrew.Vignaux@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Andrew Vignaux) writes:
>In article <1990Aug24.050106.16560@panews>, steve@qe2.awdpa.ibm.com
>(Steve DeJarnett) writes:
>|> 	One more time....  alloca is defined by placing a
>|> #pragma alloca

>Is there any way of declaring the pragma from the command line?

No.  Not at this time.  Maybe sometime in the future.  Everyone else
on AIXv3 has to go through the same thing, so don't be too concerned
about it.

>Andrew
>Domain address: Andrew.Vignaux@comp.vuw.ac.nz

jim/jsalter  IBM AWD, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: ibmsupt!jsalter@uunet.uu.net         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
	"Waco is a state of mind. Once you've gone there,
		you never come back" - Leo

madd@world.std.com (jim frost) (09/15/90)

jsalter@slo.awdpa.ibm.com writes:

>>Is there any way of declaring the pragma from the command line?

>No.  Not at this time.  Maybe sometime in the future.  Everyone else
>on AIXv3 has to go through the same thing, so don't be too concerned
>about it.

The thing that's a bitch is that the #pragma must be before any code.
Given the way alloca is coded by the compiler this seems a pretty
silly restriction -- it could easily have been done anywhere outside
of a function declaration.

>jim/jsalter  IBM AWD, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ

Jim -- I got mail from you regarding xloadimage but could not get a
return message through.  In short, you're using an old version (1.03)
and would do well to pick up 1.06 from expo.lcs.mit.edu.

jim frost
saber software
jimf@saber.com