[comp.unix.aix] AIX 3.1 update 3001

merworth@cs.utexas.edu (Boyd Merworth) (09/06/90)

I don't stay caught up on reading this newsgroup so this may already
be common information but in case it isn't......

If you have an IBM RISC 6000 machine and are running AIX 3.1, then you
should ask your local IBM SE to acquire Update 3001 or sometimes
referred to as the "July Updates" for your system.  These updates
WILL NOT BE automtically shipped to every customer.  They are
available on a per request basis.

Just wanting to share some information....

--
Boyd Merworth
The University of Texas at Austin

madd@world.std.com (jim frost) (09/15/90)

merworth@cs.utexas.edu (Boyd Merworth) writes:
>If you have an IBM RISC 6000 machine and are running AIX 3.1, then you
>should ask your local IBM SE to acquire Update 3001 or sometimes
>referred to as the "July Updates" for your system.  These updates
>WILL NOT BE automtically shipped to every customer.  They are
>available on a per request basis.

Sites with developer relationships with IBM (sorry, don't know what
the IBMese name is for that) should get this update automatically.

Caveat:  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXTRA SPACE ON /usr!  We ran out
during the update and corrupted the update as well as the information
to back off the update and had to do a full reinstall, a timely
process.

jim frost
saber software
jimf@saber.com