[comp.unix.aix] xserver question

boote@bierstadt.scd.ucar.edu (Jeff W. Boote) (09/21/90)

   I've read about people disabling the ctrl-alt-bs way of exiting the
server on the 6000.  How is that done?  I've ported xlock to the machine
but it seems kind of useless if some one can just walk up and hit three
keys to kill x.

Jeff W. Boote             NCAR/SCD
boote@ncar.ucar.edu    Boulder Colorado

vendijag@aix.aix.kingston.ibm.com (Jay Goldberg) (09/21/90)

In article <8565@ncar.ucar.edu> boote@bierstadt.scd.ucar.edu (Jeff W. Boote) writes:
>   I've read about people disabling the ctrl-alt-bs way of exiting the
>server on the 6000.  How is that done?  I've ported xlock to the machine
>but it seems kind of useless if some one can just walk up and hit three
>keys to kill x.

Fair assessment!  What I do (PS/2 AIXv1.2, X11R4) is:
	X -T
This has the following effect (per X -\?):
	-T              disable the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace key sequence

Hope this can be useful to you!

-----
Jay A. Goldberg 	| Email inside IBM:  KGNAIX(JAG)
Software Contractor	|		or   vendijag@aix.aix.kingston.ibm.com
Resource One Inc. 	| Email outside IBM: uunet!ibmsupt!jag
Phone: (914) 336 7207	| Phone: (914) 385 3384 or 8+695 3384

	I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of IBM.
	Had an opinion been requested, a purchase order would have
	been received by Resource One.  (Who *is* John Galt?)