[comp.unix.aix] Two most popular questions on AIX 3.1, I bet

benson@odi.com (Benson I. Margulies) (10/30/90)

forgive a newcomer:

1) anyone got gdb working? dbx dies on me with internal errors every
time I look at it hard.

2) anyone got gnu emacs working?

--
Benson I. Margulies

newton@ils.nwu.edu (David Newton) (10/31/90)

In article <1990Oct30.150332.19529@odi.com>, benson@odi.com (Benson I.
Margulies) writes:
|>1) anyone got gdb working? dbx dies on me with internal errors every
|>time I look at it hard.

   Nope.

|>2) anyone got gnu emacs working?

   Yup.

David L. Newton	    |  Work: (708) 491-4791  | VR is great!!  I died in one-
ILS, Room 327       |  Home: (708) 332-2321  | (with virtual  insurance,  of
1890 Maple St.      |------------------------| course) collected it,  and am
Evanston, IL  60201 | Gumby Cyberdeck Jockey | now virtually happy. I think.

bengsig@oracle.nl (Bjorn Engsig) (10/31/90)

No, the most popular questions are:

1) It seems that ld uses quite a lot of paging space.  Is that correct?
2) Why does ld use so much paging space?

I sent a reply out yesterday, and I don't do it again until a few weeks have
passed :-)
--
Bjorn Engsig,         E-mail: bengsig@oracle.com, bengsig@oracle.nl
ORACLE Corporation    From IBM: auschs!ibmchs!cs.utexas.edu!uunet!oracle!bengsig

            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"

richieb@bony1.uucp (Richard Bielak) (11/03/90)

In article <2388@anaxagoras.ils.nwu.edu> newton@ils.nwu.edu (David Newton) writes:
>In article <1990Oct30.150332.19529@odi.com>, benson@odi.com (Benson I.
>Margulies) writes:
>
>|>2) anyone got gnu emacs working?
>
>   Yup.

I got GNU emacs working as well. But has anyone a dumped GNU emacs
working? What about xemacs?

...richie

|| Richie Bielak  (212)-815-3072      |  If a thousand people say a foolish  |
|| USENET:        richieb@bony.com    |  thing, it's still a foolish thing.  |

geoff@edm.uucp (Geoff Coleman) (11/03/90)

From article <1990Oct30.150332.19529@odi.com>, by benson@odi.com (Benson I. Margulies):
> forgive a newcomer:
>
> 1) anyone got gdb working? dbx dies on me with internal errors every
> time I look at it hard.
>
> 2) anyone got gnu emacs working?
>
> --
> Benson I. Margulies

But I thought the two most popular questions were:

1) WHen is a SYS V R 3 or 4 port going to be ready for this box?

2) When is a BSD4.3 port going to be ready fo this box

Geoff Coleman