[comp.unix.aix] Emacs/6000

cs122ae@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (11/10/90)

Could someone please point me to an already-ported implementation of
GNU Emacs 18.55 for the 6000?  Email would be great... thanks much.

Marc Andreessen___University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
__________________andreessen@uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu______________________

gravishanker@eagle.wesleyan.edu (11/12/90)

In article <1028700005@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, cs122ae@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

> Could someone please point me to an already-ported implementation of
> GNU Emacs 18.55 for the 6000?  Email would be great... thanks much.
>

> Marc Andreessen___University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
> __________________andreessen@uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu______________________

Hi

I did the following and everything worked out well:

	1. Got the emacs-18.55 distribution via anonymous ftp from
aeneas.mit.edu.

	2. After uncompressing and extracting the files using tar, I ftp'd to
byron.u.washington.edu via anonymous ftp. Cd'd to pub/aix/RS6000 and got all
the files from there to the appropriate directories.

	3. Followed the instructions in the emacs distribution and did a
build-install.

Everything worked just fine. X-windows support works for the most part, except
mouse control. Good luck.

Ravi

cs122ae@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (11/13/90)

With the files off byron.u.washington.edu, I have Emacs doing everything
I want except recognizing the IBM keymappings.  What should I do with
XAIXkeys.h?

Thanks again...