[comp.unix.aix] Restricting root logins?

JJDAVIS@cc.utah.edu (11/16/90)

I'd like to restrict root logins on our 530 to the console.
On a Sun system, I'd edit the /etc/ttytab:

console	"/usr/etc/getty std.9600"	sun	off	secure
ttyp0	none				network	off
 .
 .
 .

How do I get this effect in AIX (3.1, July updates)?

lindner@cs.umn.edu (Paul Lindner) (11/17/90)

In <102261@cc.utah.edu> JJDAVIS@cc.utah.edu writes:

>I'd like to restrict root logins on our 530 to the console.
>On a Sun system, I'd edit the /etc/ttytab:

>How do I get this effect in AIX (3.1, July updates)?

Go into our friend and nemesis SMIT and go
   Users
      Change / Show Characteristics of a User
           User NAME [root]

You can change the valid ttys for root and many other things in this
fashion.
--
Paul Lindner, Univ. of MN   \ Microcomputer /  Pauls Law: You can't
IT Sun dude, & UofM ACM pres \ Workstation / fall off the floor.