[comp.unix.aix] Annex Printers is it possible?

csmjp@research.cc.flinders.edu.au (<M.J.Packard>) (11/29/90)

Is it possible to print directly to printers connected to an Annex terminal
server under AiX?

This can be done under Umax 4.3 or V by using the "mkrnod" command
to create a special file.

We could of course spool the files to the Annex via a remote queue on
another machine except this is the one we what to replace:-).

frank@ulticorp.UUCP (Frank Cannavale III/1024000) (12/04/90)

In article <525@research.cc.flinders.oz> csmjp@research.cc.flinders.edu.au (<M.J.Packard>) writes:
>Is it possible to print directly to printers connected to an Annex terminal
>server under AiX?

Yes, I print to the Annex II server using the "aprint"
utility supplied (in C source code form) with the Annex II.

>This can be done under Umax 4.3 or V by using the "mkrnod" command
>to create a special file.

I'm pretty certain that mkrnod is an Encore enhancement
specifically added to Unix/BSD to use the Annex servers.
--
Frank Cannavale III !uunet!ulticorp!frank   The Ultimate Corp, E.  Hanover, NJ
"The Social Democratic government on Friday began dismantling the welfare state