[comp.unix.aix] RS6000 rn/rrn term.c?

csmjp@research.cc.flinders.edu.au (<M.J.Packard>) (12/07/90)

We have had our RS6000 for about a week now and have applied update tape 3002.

We can get rrn running except for the program term.c (v 4.3.2.11).

Term.c makes a call to tgetent to set up the terminal capabilities:

	status=tgetent(tcbuf,getenv("TERM"))

Does someone have a "patch/workaround" for this using the terminfo routines
or some other method?

andreess@mrlaxs.mrl.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen) (12/07/90)

In article <535@research.cc.flinders.oz> csmjp@research.cc.flinders.edu.au (<M.J.Packard>) writes:
>We can get rrn running except for the program term.c (v 4.3.2.11).
>
>Term.c makes a call to tgetent to set up the terminal capabilities:
>
>	status=tgetent(tcbuf,getenv("TERM"))
>
>Does someone have a "patch/workaround" for this using the terminfo routines
>or some other method?

My rn, with term.c at 4.3.2.7, is working fine with HAVETERMLIB defined
(which allows the tgetent call to be made); I'm linking with -lcurses
only.  No problems...

Marc

--
Marc Andreessen___University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
__________________andreessen@uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu______________________