[comp.unix.aix] C++

guarna@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (Vince Guarna) (12/12/89)

I tried this a while ago and had no luck -- I thought I would try again:
 has anyone successfully
ported GNU C++ (G++) or At&T C++ version 2.0 to AIX PS/2?

Vince Guarna
University of Illinois
(217) 244-0071
guarna@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu

jackv@turnkey.gryphon.COM (Jack F. Vogel) (12/17/89)

In article <1989Dec12.150047.24705@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> guarna@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (Vince Guarna) writes:

>I tried this a while ago and had no luck -- I thought I would try again:
> has anyone successfully
>ported GNU C++ (G++) or At&T C++ version 2.0 to AIX PS/2?

Yes, we have gcc and g++ working here at Locus ( not in any "official" way,
just the spare time hacking of some of us ). What you need to do is get
the latest version of both gcc and g++ (1.36 and 1.36.1 I believe). Build
gcc first, it actually has configuration files specifically for AIX/PS2.
You just run config.gcc with the argument aix386 or some such and away you
go. Then after building and installing gcc, use it to make g++, I don't
think the config.g++ shell script has the aix option in it, but its a
simple matter to copy the relevant portions out of the gcc script, link
the config files and then build. I was not the one who built it here, but
as far as I know configuring is all there really is to it.

Good luck!

Standard Disclaimer applies!

__
Jack F. Vogel			jackv@seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv@ifs.umich.edu

psjmt@research.cc.flinders.oz (James Tizard) (12/10/90)

Could someone possibly help me with the following:

Does IBM (or anyone else) have C++ for the RS/6000 ?
or...
Has g++ been ported to the RS/6000 yet ?

TIA
 _--_|\        James Tizard
/      \       Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratories
\_.-*._/       Psychology Department
      v        Flinders University of South Australia
               psjmt@research.cc.flinders.edu.au