[comp.unix.aix] gnu bash

newton@ils.nwu.edu (David Newton) (12/08/90)

   Anyone do a port of bash yet?  I got it to compile, but it bombs after
any command.  In the malloc code there are references to a symbol "etext"
that I have no idea where it should be getting that from...

   If any one has any clues, let me know.  (I tried not using their malloc
code and it was just as hideous).

Thanx in advance...

--
David L. Newton	    |  Work: (708) 491-4791  | newton@ils.nwu.edu -or-
ILS, Room 327       |  Home: (708) 332-2321  | dnewton@carroll1.cc.edu, but

newton@ils.nwu.edu (David Newton) (12/08/90)

in a previous message, I whined:
> HELP! HELP! I WANT BASH!

unfortunately, I didn't check all the messages that had been posted about
it alraedy, so before anyone thrashes me for wasted bandwidth, I will try
all the stuff I just found...

--

chet@odin (Chet Ramey) (12/11/90)

In article <151@anaxagoras.ils.nwu.edu> newton@ils.nwu.edu (David Newton) writes:

>   Anyone do a port of bash yet?  I got it to compile, but it bombs after
>any command.  In the malloc code there are references to a symbol "etext"
>that I have no idea where it should be getting that from...

I have done a port of bash to the RS6000 running AIX 3.1.  The code should
be in the next public release (whenever *that* is...).

Chet
--
Chet Ramey				``I die, Horatio''
Network Services Group, Case Western Reserve University