[comp.unix.aix] regex in

peter@cassandra.uucp (Peter Blemel) (12/18/90)

I'm trying to use regex(). According to the manual page, this should be in
libpw.a (programmers workbench). The man page also says it's part of the
basic BOS stuff. I've installed all of the BOS stuff, but there is no
libpw.a

Am I missing something?

Peter Blemel
------------
cassandra!peter@yenta.alb.nm.us

ron@woan (Ronald S. Woan) (12/19/90)

In article <1990Dec17.194640.14225@cassandra.uucp>,
peter@cassandra.uucp (Peter Blemel) writes:
Peter> I'm trying to use regex(). According to the manual page, this
Peter> should be in libpw.a (programmers workbench). The man page also
Peter> says it's part of the basic BOS stuff. I've installed all of
Peter> the BOS stuff, but there is no libpw.a

It's always been /lib/libPW.a (i.e. -lPW) to me on everyone's system
including this one... I'll have to check if the case is wrong in
info's documentation.

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan@peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin@iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

janet@dragon.austin.ibm.com (/4194303) (12/20/90)

In article <1990Dec17.194640.14225@cassandra.uucp> cassandra!peter@yenta.alb.nm.us (Peter Blemel) writes:
>I'm trying to use regex(). According to the manual page, this should be in
>libpw.a (programmers workbench). The man page also says it's part of the
>basic BOS stuff. I've installed all of the BOS stuff, but there is no
>libpw.a
>
>Am I missing something?
>
>Peter Blemel
>------------
>cassandra!peter@yenta.alb.nm.us

  No, the documentation is incorrect.  regex() is part of the libPW.a library.

  I also found another mistake in the documentation for regex().  There is an
external variable "_loc1" which is exported.  This variable is actually
"__loc1".  (That is two underscores in the variable name, not just one.)

  I have reported these two problems to the appropriate people.

  Hope this helps!
--
Janet Adkins
Internal: janet@dragon.austin.ibm.com