[comp.unix.aix] Software Programs Available for RS/6000?

khoo@husc3.harvard.edu (01/05/91)

Does anyone know what Statisitcal programs are available for the R/S 6000's?
My Department (Economics) bought a model 320 Powerstation a couple of months
ago, and it is just sitting there because we do not have any software for it.

Does a list of the commercial programs that are available exist somewhere?

Thanks,

Lawrence      (khoo@husc3.harvard.edu)

ron@woan (Ronald S. Woan) (01/06/91)

In article <1991Jan5.021330.1@husc3.harvard.edu>, khoo@husc3.harvard.edu
writes:
Lawrence> Does a list of the commercial programs that are available
Lawrence> exist somewhere?

IBM puts out a book of descriptions and contacts for thrid party AIX
3.1 software, ask your local rep for a copy...

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan@peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin@iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

U13792@uicvm.uic.edu (Dennis Bartley) (01/09/91)

I think SPSS is available. They have certainly appeared in different
literature about 6000s as developers, so I assume they've at leasted
ported thir product. Try calling 312-329-2400 for info.

scott@prism.gatech.EDU (Scott Holt) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan5.021330.1@husc3.harvard.edu> khoo@husc3.harvard.edu writes:
>Does anyone know what Statisitcal programs are available for the R/S 6000's?
>My Department (Economics) bought a model 320 Powerstation a couple of months
>ago, and it is just sitting there because we do not have any software for it.
>
>Does a list of the commercial programs that are available exist somewhere?

Such a "list" does exist - actually, its a rather large book of applications
software for all AIX machines. There is a great deal of software available
for the 6000 line. Your local IBM rep can probably help you here.

As for statistical software, I know that SAS is available and I think
that SPSS is available now, or at least intends to support the 6000
soon. I'm not so sure about other packages.

-Scott
--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Scott Holt                 		Internet: scott@prism.gatech.edu

amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Paul Amaranth) (01/11/91)

In article <19468@hydra.gatech.EDU> scott@prism.gatech.EDU (Scott Holt) writes:
>As for statistical software, I know that SAS is available and I think
>that SPSS is available now, or at least intends to support the 6000
>soon. I'm not so sure about other packages.

Another statistical package called Minitab is also available for the
6000.  It's an interactive package good for small to medium sized
data sets.  You can call Minitab Inc in State College PA at
(814) 238 8320 for more information.

And, I know for a fact that the person responsible for porting the
package to the 6000 reads this group :-)

Disclaimer: Nothing I say or do has anything to do with my employer.
            These are my words and my opinions.

--
Paul Amaranth  office: (313) 370 4541 (also voicemail)
(internet)     amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu  | WANTED: Clever saying