[comp.unix.aix] What is latest rev. level for AIX 1.2

hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) (01/15/91)

The last update I have for AIX 1.2 is marked 1006. I this the
latest, or am I behind?

Thanks in advance . . .

hh
--
Harry Haas  GTRI/RIDL/DB         "What makes it DO that!?" - Bones
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!hh2

richp@romulus.la.locus.com (Richard L. Pettit Jr.) (01/16/91)

In article <19646@hydra.gatech.EDU> hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) writes:
>The last update I have for AIX 1.2 is marked 1006. I this the
>latest, or am I behind?

1009, p12p11, November 1990.

Rich
----
              Richard Pettit                       Locus Computing Corp.
                                richp@locus.com
        "Opinions expressed herein are of the author, not (LCC or IBM)"

jfh@greenber.austin.ibm.com (John F Haugh II) (01/16/91)

In article <19646@hydra.gatech.EDU> hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) writes:
>The last update I have for AIX 1.2 is marked 1006. I this the
>latest, or am I behind?

You are behind.  The current MPP level is 1008.  It either is
currently available, or will be, as soon as I quit reading the
net and get back to work ;-)
--
John F. Haugh II      |      I've Been Moved     |    MaBellNet: (512) 838-4340
SneakerNet: 809/1D064 |          AGAIN !         |      VNET: LCCB386 at AUSVMQ

john@banzai.PCC.COM (John Canning) (01/16/91)

In article <19646@hydra.gatech.EDU> hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) writes:
>The last update I have for AIX 1.2 is marked 1006. I this the
>latest, or am I behind?

Harry-

The latest version of AIX 1.2 for the PS/2 is patch level 1008, which
should be replaced by 1009 any day now.

1008 consists of 24 floppy disks, takes about 3-4 hours to install,
and requires ~30MB of free disk space.

We have been promised that 1009 will be available on both floppy and
tape.  Having it on tape should speed up the installation time
tremendously, and allow it to happen by itself.