[fa.info-vax] VMS TCP/IP

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (03/19/85)

From: Joseph A. Frisbie <JAF%MIT-SPEECH@MIT-MC.ARPA>

Is there any TCP/IP code that runs on any of the ethernet interfaces
for VMS?  How about the Interlan boards w/ protocol processors?

Thanks,
Joe
-------

sc@security.UUCP (Stuart Cohnen) (03/21/85)

In article <ucbvax.5604> info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA writes:
>From: Joseph A. Frisbie <JAF%MIT-SPEECH@MIT-MC.ARPA>
>Is there any TCP/IP code that runs on any of the ethernet interfaces
>for VMS?  How about the Interlan boards w/ protocol processors?
>-------
Yes there is, Yesterday we had a demonstartion by Network Research Corp.
They sell a s/w mod to the interlan or 3com board to run TCP/IP
on a VAX/VMS. The product is called FUSION.
Contact them at 1101 Colorado Ave. Santa Monica CA 213 394 7200
Good Luck;
Stuart (sac @mitre-bedford.arpa)

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (03/25/85)

From: <hplabs!tektronix!iddic!robp@BERKELEY>

Tektronix has a TCP/IP that talks to Interlan boards.  Perhaps they can
give you info about what you need.  Call Tim Fallon at (503) 627-5471.

Rob Perry

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (04/05/85)

From: decwrl!amdcad!cae780!leadsv!excelan!raza@BERKELEY (naheed raza)

Excelan, Inc. has a line of Ethernet fron-end processors that run
their TCP/IP protocols for either VMS, RSX, or UNIX.  The TCP/IP
runs on the board itself, while the driver and utilities reside
on the host.  FTP and Telnet are common between all the operating
systems, and the r-utilities are supported in the UNIX package.

Excelan has been in the business for about three years, and although
the VMS TCP/IP is fairly new, it is based on their UNIX package
which has beed shipping for two years.  VMS and RSX packages are
currently in beta site.

Ethernet Boards:

EXOS 201 - Multibus
EXOS 202 - VMSbus
EXOS 203 - Qbus
EXOS 204 - Unibus
EXOS 200 - Core Module (Independant of backplane bus)

TCP/IP Protocols:

EXOS 8010 - UNIX
EXOS 8030 - RSX
EXOS 8040 - VMS