[fa.info-vax] eunice under vms4.x

info-vax@ucbvax.ARPA (04/19/85)

From: SYSTEM%CRNLNS.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA

>I have a EUNICE tape of release 3.2 for use on one vms 4.0 system to be
>installed here.   I bought this tape with educational license at the time
>vms 4.0 was not released.    Could anybody kindly tell me how much trouble
>I'll have if I'm going to install this package and TWG IP/TCP on VMS4.0 ?
>(and anyway to get around trouble ?)
>
>Thanks.
>
>Sang K Cha
>{ ChaSK@su-sierra.arpa }
>-------

Sorry, Eunice 3.2 does NOT work under vms 4.0 at all. You need to get
Eunice BSD release 4.0, which is still in "pre-release." If you got
the standard 1 year warrantee, you should be getting it free of charge
in about a month. You should also upgrade to vms 4.1 as soon as
possible to fix various serious vms problems.

Selden Ball

Cornell University, LNS        NYNEX: (607) 256-4882
Wilson Synchrotron Lab        BITNET: SYSTEM@CRNLNS
Dryden Road                     ARPA: SYSTEM%CRNLNS.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA
Ithaca, NY  14853