[comp.unix.aix] man pp -> info

u714092@eagle.larc.nasa.gov (prichard devon ) (04/13/91)

let me turn around the current thread on info->man by asking,

"Gee, Wally, how do I take some man pages in nroff format and put them
safely into the info reader system??"

considering how nice the info reader is, and the fact that I don't yet have
any backup device (and no system backups), I'd just as soon not do anything
to nuke the system...

TIA

 | Devon Prichard                "The atrocious crime of being a young  |
 | u714092@eagle.larc.nasa.gov,   man... I shall neither attempt to     |
 | prichard@ias.larc.nasa.gov     palliate nor deny."                   |
 |                                William Pitt, House of Commons, 1741  |

jsalter@ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com (04/15/91)

In article <U714092.91Apr13090030@eagle.larc.nasa.gov> u714092@eagle.larc.nasa.gov (prichard devon ) writes:
>"Gee, Wally, how do I take some man pages in nroff format and put them
>safely into the info reader system??"

Read my lips, "No New Info!" :-) (or is that, "No GNU Info!") :-)

Seriously, this has been asked and answered many times (and should
definitely be in the FAQ), and the answer is:

	This is not currently available.

> | Devon Prichard                "The atrocious crime of being a young  |
> | u714092@eagle.larc.nasa.gov,   man... I shall neither attempt to     |
> | prichard@ias.larc.nasa.gov     palliate nor deny."                   |

jim/jsalter  IBM PSP, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427  VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: jsalter@slo.awdpa.ibm.com         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
"IBM part #23521, aka Lt. Commander Data"    The stuff above is on my own.