[comp.unix.aix] termcap for aixterm?

leland@cs.columbia.edu (Leland Woodbury) (04/19/91)

The title says it all:  Anybody got a termcap for aixterm?

Alternatively, anybody got a terminfo-to-termcap converter?

Leland Woodbury
--
INTERNET: leland@cs.columbia.edu
  USENET: ...!columbia!cs.columbia.edu!leland

hubler@galaxy.lerc.nasa.gov (Dale Hubler) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr18.182548.13815@cs.columbia.edu> leland@cs.columbia.edu (Leland Woodbury) writes:
>The title says it all:  Anybody got a termcap for aixterm?

Check in the directory /lib/libtermcap for the termcap.src file.  I am
sure Bjorn has this one in the FAQ, he certainly had a good answer
when I asked this.  Thanks for this and the FAQ too, Bjorn!

Dale Hubler
hubler@galaxy.lerc.nasa.gov

--
Dale A. Hubler  --  Sverdrup Technology  --  (216) 977-7014
                                             hubler@galaxy.lerc.nasa.gov

abe@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Vic Abell) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr18.182548.13815@cs.columbia.edu> leland@cs.columbia.edu (Leland Woodbury) writes:
>Alternatively, anybody got a terminfo-to-termcap converter?

The infocmp program from the AT&T Software Toolchest will do a reasonable
job of converting terminfo files to termcap files.  For more information
contact AT&T at 1-800-828-8649.  You can also browse the Toolchest catalog
by logging on to the Toolchest order system as "guest" (no password) at
1-201-522-6900.  Infocmp costs $50 + a $4.60 UUCP transmission fee.

There is also a terminfo to termcap conversion program available in the
comp.sources.unix archives (e. g., on j.cc.purdue.edu).  It's called
untic, and it's in Volume 5.  I believe infocmp is superior to untic.

leland@cs.columbia.edu (Lee Woodbury) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr19.011908.18227@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> hubler@galaxy.UUCP (Dale Hubler) writes:
>In article <1991Apr18.182548.13815@cs.columbia.edu> leland@cs.columbia.edu (Leland Woodbury) writes:
>>The title says it all:  Anybody got a termcap for aixterm?
>>
>Check in the directory /lib/libtermcap for the termcap.src file.  I am
>sure Bjorn has this one in the FAQ, he certainly had a good answer
>when I asked this.  Thanks for this and the FAQ too, Bjorn!

I checked the FAQ before posting and saw only the termcap for the HFT.
Of course, I didn't know -- as I do now -- that the termcap for the HFT
and aixterm are the same.

But you make a good point.  Bjorn, if you're listening, maybe the next
edition of the FAQ could include this point?  More generally, what would
also be useful is for the FAQ to point out that the file known as
"/etc/termcap" on Real Unix machines is known as
"/lib/libtermcap/termcap.src" in AIX-land.  With this information, the
rest can be deduced.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

Leland Woodbury