[comp.unix.aix] Problem with elapsed time functions

aquesada@academ01.mty.itesm.mx (Ing. Antonio Quesada Duarte) (05/04/91)

Hi there!
I'm developing a project for one of my classes, and it involves benchmarks.
Therefore, i need to use functions like:
idate
itime
etime
fdate

   but when i try to link the program the linker says it can't find those
functions.
   Does anybody in netland know in which library can i find them?
   Thanks a lot!!

From Monterrey, Mexico:
Antonio Quesada Duarte
aquesada@academ01.mty.itesm.mx

jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto) (05/05/91)

aquesada@academ01.mty.itesm.mx (Ing. Antonio Quesada Duarte) writes:

>   but when i try to link the program the linker says it can't find those
>functions.
>   Does anybody in netland know in which library can i find them?
>   Thanks a lot!!

   Are you programing in Fortran? I don't think so, the idate, itime,
 etime and fdate functions are Fortran functions and you can find then
 at the /usr/lib/libU77.a library.

   Maybe you should use the ftime function in C to measure time in
 miliseconds.

--
Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto                   Internet:
Ing. Sistemas Electronicos                jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx

aquesada@academ01.mty.itesm.mx (Ing. Antonio Quesada Duarte) (05/05/91)

jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto) writes:

>   Are you programing in Fortran? I don't think so, the idate, itime,
> etime and fdate functions are Fortran functions and you can find then
> at the /usr/lib/libU77.a library.

>   Maybe you should use the ftime function in C to measure time in
> miliseconds.

   Yes, i'm programming in Fortran using an IBM RS/6000 running
   AIX Version 3.
   I was able to find the library U77.a in a VAX 6310 machine running
   Ultrix-32 V3.0, but not in the RS/6000. Somebody knows where can i
   find those functions?

From Monterrey, Mexico:
Antonio Quesada Duarte

freese@dalvm41b.vnet.ibm.com ("Bradley T. Freese") (05/21/91)

aquesada@academ01.mty.itesm.mx (Ing. Antonio Quesada Duarte) writes:

> Hi there!
> I'm developing a project for one of my classes, and it involves.
> benchmarks.  Therefore, i need to use functions like:

> idate
> itime
> etime
> fdate

but when i try to link the program the linker says it can't find
those functions.  Does anybody in netland know in which library
can I find them?  Thanks a lot!!

XL FORTRAN does not provide these routines.  To get to this
information, you may be able to use the SYSTEM utility subprogram to
pass a command to AIX and use its output.  Alternately, you can write
C functions that do what you need and link them into your project.