[comp.unix.aix] Bus types

dale@interlan.Interlan.COM (Dale B) (05/23/91)

I haven't been able to determine what sort of bus architecture the RS/6000
uses.  Is there any possibility that it uses the MicroChannel bus that is
used in the PS/2?  The RS/6000 seems to be the hot item as far as AIX is
concerned, is there much activity with AIX on the PS/2?

email or post.

Dale - dale@interlan.com

drake@drake.almaden.ibm.com (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.183210.7746@interlan.Interlan.COM> dale@interlan.interlan.com writes:
>I haven't been able to determine what sort of bus architecture the RS/6000
>uses.  Is there any possibility that it uses the MicroChannel bus that is
>used in the PS/2?

The RISC System/6000 does indeed use a MicroChannel bus to provide I/O
capability.

Sam Drake / IBM Almaden Research Center
Internet:  drake@ibm.com            BITNET:  DRAKE at ALMADEN
Usenet:    ...!uunet!ibmarc!drake   Phone:   (408) 927-1861