[comp.unix.aix] Porting C-News to AIX V3

teexand@ioe.lon.ac.uk (Andrew Dawson) (05/29/91)

I've seen various discussions about the (un)suitability of RS6000's for running
news recently, but has anyone actually successfully managed to port the C-News
distribution to AIX V3.1? We had a go at putting it up recently, but ran into
problems making it compile - particularly with some of the date/time routines.

Before tampering with the code, it seemed sensible to see if anyone has already
done anything in this area.

If anyone has managed a port, I'd be interested in any diffs, hints, problems,
etc.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.
--
#include <std_disclaimer.h>  /* My brain was swiss-cheesed when I wrote this */
JANET:    andrew@uk.ac.ucl.sm.uxm     UUCP/EARN/BITNET: andrew@uxm.sm.ucl.ac.uk

wolf@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr (Christophe Wolfhugel) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May29.151237.8329@ioe.lon.ac.uk> andrew@uxm.sm.ucl.ac.uk writes:
>I've seen various discussions about the (un)suitability of RS6000's for running
>news recently, but has anyone actually successfully managed to port the C-News
>distribution to AIX V3.1? We had a go at putting it up recently, but ran into

A patch for C-News is available by anonymous ftp at host
grasp2.univ-lyon1.fr (134.214.100.33) in directory /unix/news/c-news

Hope it can help some people (I run it since a while).

--
Christophe Wolfhugel    | Email: wolf@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr
INSA - Dpt Informatique | "Le progres ne vaut que s'il est partage par tous,"