[comp.unix.aix] xinit and .profile question

parkins@theory.TC.Cornell.EDU (David Parkins) (05/24/91)

I remember hearing that someone had trouble getting the .profile file
executed during the startup of each X window. Could someone email me the
resolution to this problem. I need to have some environment variables set.

parkins@theory.tn.cornell.edu
dave parkins

tif@doorstop.austin.ibm.com (Paul Chamberlain) (05/30/91)

parkins@theory.TC.Cornell.EDU (David Parkins) writes:
>I remember hearing that someone had trouble getting the .profile file
>executed during the startup of each X window.

Try this in your .Xdefaults
	aixterm.loginShell:			true

Paul Chamberlain | I do NOT speak for IBM.          IBM VNET: PAULCC AT AUSTIN
512/838-9748     | ...!cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!doorstop.austin.ibm.com!tif