[comp.unix.aix] uunet <-->IBM email..how?

jalonso@sobeco.com (j.alonso) (05/28/91)

I saw a mesg. sometime back that indicated how one could email an IBM rep. or
support person via uunet.
If anyone could pass on this info on to me I'd sure appreciate it!

Please email direct to me....Thanks

Joe Alonso             |        Spectrom Consultants Inc.        |  S. C. O.
joe@spectr             | 425 St.Paul E. Mtl. QC,CANADA, H2Y 1H5  | Education
uunet!spectr!joe       |(514) 849-UNIX (8649) fax (514) 849-8469 |  Centre

cjkuo@locus.com (Chengi Jimmy Kuo) (05/29/91)

jalonso@sobeco.com (j.alonso) writes:

>I saw a mesg. sometime back that indicated how one could email an IBM rep. or
>support person via uunet.
>If anyone could pass on this info on to me I'd sure appreciate it!

Assuming the person you want to contact has been enabled to receive outside
mail, his address would be

user@site.vnet.ibm.com

user@site is equivalent to his IBM internal VNET address.  If the person you
know knows nothing of this, then he isn't able to receive mail since it's an
action he has to initiate.

Jimmy Kuo
--
cjkuo@locus.com
"The correct answer to an either/or question is both!"

Robin D. Wilson (06/03/91)

In article <1991May27.203226.1695@sobeco.com> jalonso@sobeco.com (j.alonso)
writes:
> I saw a mesg. sometime back that indicated how one could email an IBM rep. or
> support person via uunet.
> If anyone could pass on this info on to me I'd sure appreciate it!
>
> Please email direct to me....Thanks

The Level 2 support people can be reached by using the following route:

		<username>%aixserv@uunet.uu.net

Where <username> is the Level 2 person's account on a machine called "journey"
(they should know what you are talking about if you read this message to them).

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     pensoft!robin                                                      |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)343-1111                       |