[comp.unix.aix] 3rd party memory for IBM Xstations

viscuso@tiberius.tc.cornell.edu (Paul Viscuso) (06/26/91)

Does anyone have information about the availability and cost of
3rd party memory, both display and processor, for Xstations (model
120s)?  We're interested in purchasing some, but need an idea as
to where we can get it and how much it would cost.  Many thanks.
Paul Viscuso
Cornell Theory Center

wjones@nwnexus.WA.COM (Warren Jones) (06/27/91)

viscuso@tiberius.tc.cornell.edu (Paul Viscuso) writes:

> Does anyone have information about the availability and cost of 3rd
> party memory, both display and processor, for Xstations (model 120s)?

The Xstation uses standard PS/2 chips for processor memory.  We added
2 Mbytes from Sigma Data (603-526-6909), part number KTM 2000/M70.
It works fine.

I've been told that the VRAM is Toshiba TC524256Z-10 (256x4 ZIPP 100ns),
but haven't actually tried it yet (ours is still on order), so don't take
my word for it.

Warren Jones <wjones@nwnexus.wa.com>
(uucp: uunet!nwnexus!golder)