[comp.unix.aix] kermit on RS6000

steve@archimedes.math.uwm.edu (Steve Schwengels) (10/27/90)

I ftp kermit from wastsun.cc.columbia.edu. I then did a make rs6000,
everything seemed to compile cleanly. Kermit however does not seem to work.
At this time I must rlogin from a anther computer, could this be the problem?
I have installed the new updates.

steve
steve@archimedes.math.uwm.edu

dstailey@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Doug Stailey) (11/02/90)

In article <7269@uwm.edu> steve@archimedes.math.uwm.edu (Steve Schwengels) writes:
>I ftp kermit from wastsun.cc.columbia.edu. I then did a make rs6000,
>everything seemed to compile cleanly. Kermit however does not seem to work.
>At this time I must rlogin from a anther computer, could this be the problem?
>I have installed the new updates.
>

>steve
>steve@archimedes.math.uwm.edu

Isn't the high level of compatibility with other systems wonderfull?
I love the IBM approach of doing it all over again the wrong way!
--
disclaimer: This message is sold by weight, not volume.  Contents may have
	    settled during shipment.

CALT@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (06/29/91)

This question may have been asked before.

Is there any place for me to get a kermit package for RS6000
running AIX 3.1.5?

Thanks!

Ching
shih@cithex.bitnet
shih@cithe1.cithep.caltech.edu

johng@NCoast.ORG (John Gilbertson) (06/30/91)

In article <91179.125626CALT@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU> CALT@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU writes:
>This question may have been asked before.
>
>Is there any place for me to get a kermit package for RS6000
>running AIX 3.1.5?

I would also appreciate the same information

Thanks....

| o | John Gilbertson                              johng@ncoast.org | o |
| o | Computer Decisions, Inc.          ncoast!johng@cwjcc.cwru.edu | o |
| o | Cleveland, Ohio 44130       uunet!cwjcc.cwru.edu!ncoast!johng | o |

woan@cactus.org (Ronald S. Woan) (06/30/91)

In article <91179.125626CALT@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU> CALT@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU writes:
>Is there any place for me to get a kermit package for RS6000
>running AIX 3.1.5?

This is secondhand knowledge, as I don't use it, but many have posted
that the latest beta on watsun.cc.columbia.edu (home of kermit) has
builtin support for AIX 3.1.?.
+ Ronald S. Woan                woan@cactus.org or woan@austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ othernet                          Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +