[comp.unix.aix] AIXServ

odin@buitc.bu.edu (Benjamin Page) (06/26/91)

     Has anyone had any luck getting the AIXServ package?  I sent mail to
the server address and to Jerome Park and have gotten no response.

--
odin@bu-it.bu.edu    Ben Page    "Real men can fit their .signatures all on one
line"

JOANN@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Jo Ann Malina) (06/26/91)

I'm not sure what address you tried. In the README file I got with the
aixserv script, it says to contact them at services%aixserv@uunet.UU.NET

odin@buitc.bu.edu (Benjamin Page) (06/27/91)

     Thanks to everyone who responded, especially Michael Weinert.  It turns
out that the automated response mechanism at aixbugs@ease.austin.ibm.com
was unable to respond to me because I'm on the internet.  I used the UUCP
gateway address aixbugs%aixserv@uunet.UU.NET and received the package in
short order.  Reports from those who have used the package indicate that
it works.

--

vanepp@newsserver.sfu.ca (Peter Van Epp) (06/27/91)

In <84682@bu.edu> odin@buitc.bu.edu (Benjamin Page) writes:

>     Thanks to everyone who responded, especially Michael Weinert.  It turns
>out that the automated response mechanism at aixbugs@ease.austin.ibm.com
>was unable to respond to me because I'm on the internet.  I used the UUCP
>gateway address aixbugs%aixserv@uunet.UU.NET and received the package in
>short order.  Reports from those who have used the package indicate that
>it works.

>--
>odin@bu-it.bu.edu    Ben Page    "Real men can fit their .signatures all on one
>line"
     Can someone please explain what is availible from aixbugs? RS6000
     bug fixes? (Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I haven't seen or have
     missed an explaination).

     Peter_Van_Epp@cc.sfu.ca

robin@batman (Robin D. Wilson) (06/27/91)

>      Can someone please explain what is availible from aixbugs? RS6000
>      bug fixes? (Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I haven't seen or have
>      missed an explaination).

You can submit problems, check status, send in testcases (of limited size), and
generally do everything (within limits) that you do when you call the 800
number...... Only electronically.

Hmmm... I seem to remember people asking for this.  Maybe IBM is really
listening?

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     pensoft!robin                                                      |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)343-1111                       |

reilly@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (G. Brendan Reilly) (06/30/91)

Two problems with AIXServ

	1) After you run the shell script check that all of
the lines ending in >> FORMAT are intact, and that one line
didn't wrap around and put a T on a line by itself.

	2) If you try to include an ASCII file with examples
the script fails complaining about an incorrect test.

Both have these have been reported (using AIXServ)