[soc.culture.hongkong] Chinese Word Processor - Mac

cullum@lclark.UUCP (Mike Cullum) (10/27/89)

One of our instructors is interested in finding a chinese
word processor for the Macintosh.  We have discovered one:

     FeiMa-P
     Wu Corp

We would appreciate information on any others that might be
available, as well as opinions on how good they are.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Cullum
Lewis & Clark College
Portland, Oregon

Tele:   (503)293-2740
Bitnet: cullum@lclark
UUCP:   tektronix!reed!lclark!cullum

pkl@daisy.UUCP (Peter K. Lee) (10/30/89)

In article <732@lclark.UUCP> cullum@lclark.UUCP (Mike Cullum) writes:
>One of our instructors is interested in finding a chinese
>word processor for the Macintosh.  We have discovered one:
>
>     FeiMa-P
>     Wu Corp
>
>We would appreciate information on any others that might be
>available, as well as opinions on how good they are.

There was an article in MacWorld (or some Mac trade journal) one or two
months ago on Chinese Word Processors on Mac.  They come in different
shapes and sizes.  The article is a critical review of 3 or 4 different
word processors.  I don't have a regular subscription to MacWorld, but I'm
sure you can find a friend or a local library that does.

Sorry about the lack of details, but that's all I can remember.
--
-- Peter K. Lee (...!uunet!daisy!pkl), Daisy/Cadnetix Inc.

hulse@iris.ucdavis.EDU (C. Andy Hulse) (11/06/89)

> There was an article in MacWorld (or some Mac trade journal) one or two
> months ago on Chinese Word Processors on Mac.  They come in different
> shapes and sizes.  The article is a critical review of 3 or 4 different
> word processors.  I don't have a regular subscription to MacWorld, but I'm
> sure you can find a friend or a local library that does.
>
> Sorry about the lack of details, but that's all I can remember.
Can anyone?  I looked through all the MacWorld's and MacUser's I could
find last week, but I didn't see anything...

If not, I'll just have to wait for the periodical abstracts to come out :)

Thanks in advance for any replies,

--Andy Hulse

nilesinc@well.UUCP (Avi Rappoport) (11/09/89)

In article <5832@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> hulse@iris.ucdavis.EDU (C. Andy Hulse) writes:
>> There was an article in MacWorld (or some Mac trade journal) one or two
>> months ago on Chinese Word Processors on Mac.  They come in different
>> shapes and sizes.  The article is a critical review of 3 or 4 different
>> word processors.  I don't have a regular subscription to MacWorld, but I'm

Pamela Sue Burdman, Word Processing with Character  MacUser, May 1989,
p. 136-146.

Information provided from MacInfo, a database of Macintosh articles from
Niles & Associates, Inc.  (sorry about the plug, but hey :-)

Avi Rappoport                   nilesinc@well.UUCP, Niles.Assoc on AppleLink
415-655-6666			               2000 Hearst, Berkeley, CA 94709

schang@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Ping Chang) (11/11/89)

In article <14470@well.UUCP>, nilesinc@well.UUCP (Avi Rappoport) writes:
> In article <5832@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> hulse@iris.ucdavis.EDU (C. Andy Hulse) writes:
> >> There was an article in MacWorld (or some Mac trade journal) one or two
> >> months ago on Chinese Word Processors on Mac.  They come in different
> >> shapes and sizes.  The article is a critical review of 3 or 4 different
> >> word processors.  I don't have a regular subscription to MacWorld, but I'm
>
> Pamela Sue Burdman, Word Processing with Character  MacUser, May 1989,
> p. 136-146.
>
> Information provided from MacInfo, a database of Macintosh articles from
> Niles & Associates, Inc.  (sorry about the plug, but hey :-)
>
> Avi Rappoport                   nilesinc@well.UUCP, Niles.Assoc on AppleLink
> 415-655-6666			               2000 Hearst, Berkeley, CA 94709

I am sorry to make a mistake to post the following message in news 45604. Hope this time it will work.

There is a package named *MacChinaII* which can produce Chinese characters in the original Macintosh system.  After you install MacChinaII it
works like AutoMacIII, a Chinese symbol will show up beside the apple
menu.  Now, you can open Word4.0, MacWriteII or WriteNow2.0 like normal
way, when you need insert Chinese character just go to menu bar to select a
input method you like then you can insert Chinese character in your
document.  I use this system in Word4.0 so far I never found anything that
Word4.0 support but do not work with Chinese characters(of course the spell
is no use at all).  PageLayout, Find, Replace, different font size, mail merge,
table, multicolumn etc.
	MacChinaII not just for word process you can use it on most packages.
like Graphic, DeskTop Publish, Presentation, Spreadsheets, and HyperCard.
Hope this can help you.
For more information you can, contact

Great Eastern Software Co., Ltd.
4-3F #120 Cheng-De Road