[connect.audit] Giving things away

djw@ibmpcug.co.uk (DJ Walker_Morgan) (09/03/89)

In article <5954@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <1953@hudson.acc.virginia.edu>, gl8f@astsun7.astro.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) writes:
>> In article <2851@splut.conmicro.com> jay@splut.conmicro.com (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:
>> But consider this amazing fact: No matter how much money you earn writing
>> software, you can't stop RMS from giving his software away.
>
>Consider this amazing fact. Jay isn't trying to stop anyone from giving
>software away. RMS is trying to stop people from selling software.
>
>Amazing, isn't it?
>--

Amazing. How one mention of RMS and *thud*thud*thud* out comes the same old
arguments. The amount of net bandwidth wasted on this argument is probably
enough to start a levered buy out of Big Blue!...

And why the argument? Well the Anti-RMS'ers are terrified that one day
RMS will pop round to their house kidnap their kiddies and say "Give dat
compiler away or the brat gets it".... which even if it was anywhere near
the truth wouldn't be much to worry about because RMS is only one person
and he'd have a lot of travelling to do!....

The Pro-RMSers can't believe that the Anti-RMSers believe what they believe.

The Anti-RMSers can't believe that the Pro-RMSers don't believe what the
Anti-RMSers believe.

Continue Ad Nauseum.

Any of you guys ever thought about not arguing the toss and letting
people use the Net without having to wade through the software version
of Beiruit?

DJ
"This isn't Music, This is survival, I'm on Automatic".....................
#include <gnu.disclaimer>      /* For the pro-RMSers */
#include <std.disclaimer>      /* For the anti-RMSers*/
Vox Uk 01-371-5755.....

Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not
represent the views of the IBM PC User Group.