[connect.audit] VICTOR INFO WANTED

haeb@ibmpcug.co.uk (Harry Broomhall) (09/15/89)

In article <9098@saturn.ucsc.edu> lance@helios.ucsc.edu (Lance Bresee) writes:

>I just got an old VICTOR 9000 for $25.  It seems like a nice
>enough machine for my nephew to play on.  I would like to
>get in touch with other owners of this machine to get technical
>info and perhaps sources for manuals etc.
>
>Does anyone own one of these beasties?

   A lot of these machines were sold in the UK under the name of
SIRIUS 1.   I have two of them here and they are used to support
clients who are so fond of them that they don't want to change
to PCs!

   There is also a company in London who specialize in parts and
standard software for these machines.   In the past I have written
software for them as well.

   An important point - they are MS-DOS machines and NOT PC-DOS.
There is NO IBM compatability or ROM-BIOS.  Software must be
of MS-DOS style to work, or else specialy written.   Having
said that I have Microsoft C v5.1 working happily on mine in
896Kb RAM!

      Regards,
         Harry Broomhall

--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not