[connect.audit] 9600 bps bottleneck on Laserwriter Plus

guym@ibmpcug.co.uk (Guy Martin) (01/11/90)

In article <21091@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> hastings@hemlock.Berkeley.EDU (Mark Hastings) writes:
> In article <1200@cernvax.UUCP>, achille@cernvax.UUCP (achille petrilli) writes:
> > By the way you can change independently the speed on the 25 pin port and
> > on the 9 pin port. I'd recommend that you set one of them to 9600 baud
> > before, then you test it, and when you're sure everything works, you reset
> > the other to 38k. This insures that you can still talk to the printer
> > even if you do a mistake.

> Also, does anyone really trust a Sun 3/60 serial port to go much faster
> than 19.2kb?
>
> --Mark Hastings           			(415) 642-4611
>   hastings@ernie.berkeley.edu			..!ucbvax!ernie!hastings

Well I've got a Sun 3/60 here that drives a Laserwriter IINT at 38400
with no problems at all. I'm running SunOS4.0.3. It ran at 38400 on a
3/50 as well ....

I've been using it like this for at least a year - I'd say I trust the
Sun serial ports.

Guy Martin
guym@ibmpcug.co.uk
grmartin@cix.cix.uucp
--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not